01 October 2005

Seminar/Motivational Talk?*

I've always wanted an enriching & fulfilling workshop/talk/seminar... I gotta get up early to be there at 9am.. For the 1st time in weeks, I was actually up by 7am... Bathe & browse thru on wat to wear for the seminar... I missed the 1st day seminar, really regretted it...! So, this time, i swore the nite before i mustn't missed it... My mum kinda yelled at me for no reason cos she tot i dunno how to get there, pretty shocked tho to me.. Her attitude was just cranky it seems.. Hrmm, got the urge to slap her blardy face! Ooooh weeeelll, she's my mum.. I love her dearly.. okie, left home at 8am, reached Jurong East at 825am... Meeting Ghaz who is late.. Oh! Flashback: 180 STA kiddos, 20 spaces for Film Financing & Exploitation Seminar... 1 day left to sign up... "I'm positive I'm not gonna get into the 20 spaces. Pray hard!" ~ *brain thought so* ~ Good News: "Hi Siti, here to informed you that you are selected......." - Ms Seow. "Yippee!" Oh, well that was de nite before the 1st day seminar tho... Like i said, I missed the 1st day.. so.. .

Ghaz: "Jannah, you coming?"
Jannah: "Nooo... I've got something on..."
Ghaz: "What seh... Kau mcm siak ar Jannah" (means, you are like *what* seh jannah)
Jannah: "Sorry, really can't make it, caught up with something."
Ghaz: "Kau tau tak berape ramai yg dtg?" (means you noe how many came)
*oh ok, u noe watz comin*
Ghaz: "Siak ar, cume 2 bdk STA aje siak" (translate, only 2 STA students came...) *very sad*

THAT'S THE BAD NEWS... dunno wat happened to the the other 178 kids, mebbe holiday eh?Anyways, the seminar was a great opportunity to noe many people, besides the attendance was mainly the executives. I mean the working class or students. Well, in this case, those who attended on Friday were big people, as for me, I was so called the youngest. Very scary, might cock up or anything, I dunno... However, it was great for networking & building confidence tho.. Btw, the whole seminar tingy is so casual, I didn't expect the presenter, Ted Perkins, a Hollywood moviemaker-scriptwriter... I mean HOLLYWOOD, baby! HAHA! I'm a lucky BITCH! so, back to de seminar, it was very inspirational, as in Ted advised us to do movie which has a good story line & plot... Hrmmm... Furthermore, he told all of us in the Auditorium to do pitch each.. OMG! I was like the YOUNGEST in the room!!! So, it was all up to Ghaz to showcase RP's talent, David our facilitator wrote down the pitch for Project Pilot(PP) & all we had to do was to say it! However, since I wasn't involved in it, I dun wanna criticise the pitch cos it sounded crap... I mean not David's pitch, the whole RP's presentation of PP. Hrmm... It was abt a coming of age movie on a gal's journey to 3 different lives- love, prejudice & fear- I found it to be vague, but I decided to tell David to check it again... There, our chance came, Ghaz represented us, voice shaky & hands trembling... C'mon, to be tellin ur idea to a professional storyteller-moviemaker-scriptwriter was scary shit! Okie, it was a casual seminar, Ted used the word, 'fuck' in his sentences so openly tho! No surprise, he's an American tho... Our pitch was disastrous, Ghaz so malu, cos our pitch was better seen in a novel rather than a screenplay.. Anyways, it was more or less a lousy film if it were to be shown on tv... Okiez, the seminar was sumwhat like a motivational talk rather than a seminar abt filming. I dozed off almost after break-outs... YES! Before tea break, I dozed off, after tea break, dozed off again, after lunch dozed & after lunch, zzz-ed... Tell ya, even tho it was a fucken gd seminar, I sumwhat got drifted away... Not to mention, the seat at the auditorium in IPAM was so comfy, the aircon was cooling & the no. of people attended was a few... Golly... Shud have stayed home.. Made friends with Mediacorp's Channel 8 & U production manager (dunno her name) during tea break, she was very nice to shit abt Mediacorp's merger & the workload she suffered. It was easy to see that Mediacorp was a dominant media in S'pore... Made friends with I dunno the guy but he was very effeminate, ok la, lembut not so effeminate more or less like PK, hehe... He was very encouraging tho... The food was nice, esp during lunchtime! Ok, the people who attended were really fluent in English tho, no students for that day cept for Ghaz & I... At the end of the seminar, we took pic with Ted & shook hands with him just to mingle oni... He asked me how old I was while my hand was still in the hand-shake. He was kinda surprised to see I was so young to attend such seminar... Well, it was worthwhile... (= Sat at a void deck in Holland Drive with Ghaz talking abt GUYS & Fashion! Hehe... Okay, learnt some valuable life lessons & etiquette... We returned a lost wallet & I must say the people in Holland Drive were nice people... Sub-urbs..! As well as the policeman in the Police Post! Hahaha! In just 1 day, I mingled with so many people who are older than me, thanks to Ghaz.... (=