03 March 2006

*First Impression on Earth*

The Post-Funeral Party. Colour code: White. Dress code: Smart Casual. Please RSVP.
What does it feel like to die in a 21st Century era & will evolution change perceptions?
I am just a kid willing to change the world.


The above statement, please do not ever change the world.

Okay, here we go.... Life really changed.... I was watching MTV the whole day today... I realised what it meant by globalization... I confess that I am a boyband-lover.... especially, Westlife & Backstreet Boys (BSB) ... Suddenly, the music industry just changed.... The whole music world changed the real world with just one genre, HipHop... I am not dissing anything else, pardon me... I'm neutral.... I realised how the domination of HipHop overshadows Pop... I am a pop lover.... To hear & see the whole pop scene just popped away like bubbles, it makes life meaningless...

Gone were the days where I used to dance to Britney Spears '...Baby One More Time', A1's 'Summertime', BSB's 'Backstreet's Back', Spice Girls' 'Wannabe' and lots more....

Gone were the days when I used to cry listening to boyband songs like, Westlife's 'Swear it Again', BSB's 'As Long as you love me'...

Gone were the days when songs meant something...

When Mariah Carey & Whitney Houston used to rule the Queen of Lungs...

When boybands were the crazy thing...

When crazy dance songs like 'Calcutta', 'Tarzan loves Jane', 'Made in India', 'Butterflies', lots more....

Music was a part of me everyday.... I'm of a mixed tape....

Growing up mainly on entertainment, P.Ramlee was my soul inspiration for acting, singing, directing, producing and composing songs... Music means everything to me... Music; for breakfast, lunch and dinner....

People's perception on 'What you listen is who you are' really disappoint me because, with over-commercialized Friendster and over-rated MTV, people can just judge you immediately without knowing you better. Whatever music video you put up on Friendster just triggers people's perception of you... For example, when you place a Nelly music video but you actually dress like a rocker, immediately you're stereotyped... For example you have a Marilyn Manson music video but actually you're a nerd shit, immediately they stereotype you.... Ever since clubbing become popular, people can easily stereotype somebody... When you have a pop video clip in your Friendster, they just diss Pop music... Whatever happen to music is universal?

People talk bad about other people and never realised how it can affect other people... When we say this, other people will just respond it as, "Oh well, be strong. Face criticism well. Learn to accept criticism from people and you'll be stronger." If we have a strong devotion towards music that we love but because of one party saying rude things about our devotion, will that ever change your perception too? Will you shift gear and listen to what they listen? Have you ever divert your interest into other people's happiness? Do you suit to their taste and you learn to blend in with the environment? If we do all these, when can we ever be unique?

I remember the time when local music was the rage, the then-Perfect 10 (now known only as 987) used to airplay lots of local music and pop music.... Now, everything changes to suit the population's taste... The only station that really stays the same since the 1990s is Class 95fm.... Nonetheless, it plays all the songs we once loved to listen to... 987 totally forgot who their listeners were...

Music is dynamic and so powerful that it can control other people's life & lifestyle... One thing that never ever change in my life is "Music is my Expression"... It will never change... I listen to all sorts of genre because each songs remind me of the things that happened to me... Look thru my iTunes, and I can tell you that some songs remind me some memorable things... Though I might not remember some great songs from the past, it stays vivid in my memory... Music is my life & soul... Nothing ever changes... This reminds me of a song by Brandy 'Have you ever...', such a beautiful song but there ain't any airplay of it...

Tell, how do you define yourself thru music... Do you follow the crowd and listen to what they listen to? Does music change you in many ways?


`express it!