27 March 2006

*Nim Jiom Pei Pa Gao, My Good Friend!*

The reason for survival is to fall ill first. There are ups in life, but downs are the endurance.


Joint pains, sore throat, headache and breathing difficulties.


Who would've known, I could have died on the spot at work?


Exhausted and OVERworked...


My temporary working life at Daiso, IMM was a damn fucken shit! I don't know why others think it is great working at Daiso, how the other staffs managed to enjoy working there and of course, what makes the customer think they're the kings/queens... Working 9 hours straight with 1 hr lunch break, it was damn exhausting! We were like busy bees, in and out the warehouse, packing and unpacking stuff, cuts & bruises... If this is the reason why we are temporary staff, why are we overworked? The downsides pointed out. The bright side is the Daiso Store Manager, Tomioka, is a damn HOT hunk! Hey, Jap guy okay! Though communication was a breakdown, at least thru eye contact you'll learn what he meant. He can't pronounced my name, he called me: "John"... *Guffaws*


Okay that aside... All the ladies (temp staff) were having the hots for him! *melt melt melt*


On the first day of work
Managed to get thru the full day with patience... Messy & busy! I did the 'Housewares' & 'Plastic' departments in the store. Lots of stuff to place, replace and re-arrange! Hectic, baby!


On the second day of work
This was the midpoint of working at Daiso! I was totally busy the whole day... Did the 'Stationery' department, 'Japanese' section, 'Bathroom' department and 'DIY' section... I was being "pushed" around a lot by the section leaders. "Push" as in exchanged a lot among the leaders, not being bullied.


On the third day of work
Finally one day to go. Endurance. Persistance. Persevere. Cuts & bruises finally appear. I did the 'Cosmetics', 'Sports', 'Japanese', 'DIY' and 'Aroma Therapy' departments within a day. Too hectic, Saturday night... What do you expect on a weekend at a value-for-money store?


On the LAST day of work
Suddenly I fell sick. Had the song, 'Unwell' by Matchbox Twenty in my head and it just started playing on air. I did the 'Plastic' department the whole day with the manager. Man, I was the warehouse coolie again! Did the cleaning up in the big warehouse and I did it all alone! I was having stupid thoughts like: "Why do I always end up doing shit jobs? What ways can God torture me more? Is this just a test of endurance?" I was a bit drowsy, sick and feeling totally under the weather. Time passed by so damn slowly. Thank God, it's all over!!!


Well, what do I have to say?


I survived it all and even though I had thoughts of going home, halfday at work... It will not be worth it... Cos that way, all the hardwork will be gone down the drain. Thank God for the patience, endurance and determination. I just felt like dying in the middle of the store... Overworked & exhausted.


Okay, I gotta go get some rest now. I am just fucking tired!