Finally, after a long disappearance from the blogosphere, I'm back with something new! Yes, that's it... I'm back... But now, I'm back with a flu! hehehe...
Come on lah, stressed out man....
I got deadlines to meet... What with my Art Appreciation project still needed to complete... I've not done a single bit of painting, research, etc... Due in 2 weeks time and I'm still slacking around! In fact, I'm not really slacking around ok... I've been going to and fro school just to research a bit on my artists Robert Motherwell and Jean-Michel Basquiat... Sigh... Much have been going thru, but I really believe that I have to get it thru it all pronto!
School is hectic...
Tell me something new... Hrmmmph...
I'm getting super duper boring nowadays lah... I realised that hectic life gives you no meaning... I lack social life (except being with Adam heh!) cos I've not gone out in the sun for days... Oh! Yeah, it's been raining since 06/06/06... Hur hur... School projects here and there... Tell me how long more can I cope??? Blea...
Oh yah! Finally I get to live my dream as a movie critic!!! Guffaws! Film Factory Productions (FFP) my I.G. gave out free movie previews to Slither on 05/06/06 and those who attended need to complete a 150 word movie review... Hehe... Okkay... Here's to you:
-Slither- (in my own words)
Watching the trailer alone can't make you believe it is a good movie. A good trailer have a flow, but as for Slither, I didn't get the message across from the trailer because it didn't convey any genre. Of course, we knew straightaway it is a horror/thriller. HOWEVER, if you hadn't noticed, or should I say HEARD, the film score for the trailer is a really comical music. In fact, I wasn't sure if it is a comedy-cum-horror film or a horror/thriller. To my surprise when I watched it, Slither gave me the goosebumps! Not for the horror part, but the very horrendous part of all, truly thumbs down cinematography! It totally turned into a huge laughing stock for me, because of the 'cameo' from the boom-mike & cooler which are not supposed to be seen in production! Surprised at the 'guest appearances', I was very distracted to look for more surprises in store, rather than focusing on the storyline. It didn't just happen once, but FIVE times! Disappointing as it was, Slither shouldn't misled its audience. Much for its movie title, it gives no sense about what Slither is. Yes, it is about creepy-crawlies from outta space... But along the way, the whole plot has changed into man-eating zombies!!! The sluggish creature called Slither (I guess) devoured the humans' brains and took control of their whole body thus turning them into zombies. So, as you can imagine... The whole movie took a toll on itself... It suddenly became a similar C-grade movies... Disappointment, of course. It shouldn't rated itself M-18, but rather NC-16... Nothing gory about Slither... Just a copycat from an amateur. Ratings: 2/5
Yeah... It was disappointing... Don't go wasting your $9.50 for a dumb movie like Slither... Rather watch <Cars, or She's the Man, or The Omen... Shucks! Thank gawd I really sat down and not munch on anything... Slither makes me puke!
Okay... 'Nuff of Slither movie review... Heed my advice, don't support stupid movies!
Time to rest... Flu, ulcer, zit and sore throat taking over my life... For now, I just wanna take a short rest... Or should I put it 9 hours of sleep! Take care and love y'all!
Love ya too, Adam!