Poor little black rat. Poor little black rat. Poor little black rat.
This post is dedicated to the rat that never made it alive.
_____________________________________________________________________
You poor soul. I should have saved you. It was as if I could hear you. You were murmuring, worriedly: "Oh man, oh man, how am I gonna get across the road? Oh man. Ooooh maaannnn..."
You scurried to the other side to find a hole. You can't find it. Poor thing. Poor thing.
There and then, you decided to dash across the road to get to wherever you longed to be.
You didn't see the sports car coming, fast and furious. From where I was, I could see how the little black rat tried to escape death but it was too late...
It... was.... too.... late....
His small little black body fell to its side. Motionless. I had to grip to my man's hands tightly whenever a vehicle drive by. Afraid. Sad. His body was not dismantled yet but I knew it will be squashed. A fast-speeding white pick-up ran over that poor little black rat's body and it was cut into half. Its final destination arrived. Cars after cars ran over it. The finale? A humongous cement mixer vehicle finished off the rat with a big and heavy blow to the little rat.
DAMN!
J: "I should have saved that poor little rat's life!"
Y: "We have seen it all coming..."
J: "His life was short..."
Y: "Yes. We saw it all coming... Don't worry, the rat is in a better place now..."
J: "I hope."
__________________________________________________________________