"Surprised, it's time to feel what's real..." - Miss Independent by Kelly Clarkson.
Life is beautiful. Life is about being surrounded by beautiful things. Like, how a cocoon transforms into a butterfly. Not, how you look like with a tiny waist. All that with a positive outlook on life. Today, look at yourself in the mirror and tell yourself: "How dare you look so beautiful day to day!" Smile & make yourself feel gorgeous. If you don't, life is meaningless.
I've never been frightened before in my life than ever. Watching the horrific graphics of the giant waves & humanity at stake is worst than ever! I don't mean to sound "Miss World" whatsoever but, a year on & watching the replay of last year's tsunami just struck me like a baton on the head. Watched it with my family of relatives made me feel even worst cos all these time, I've been living unappreciatively. Just look at the kids who were orphaned by the waves. They too were watching T.V. with their family the day the tsunami struck & within a few minutes, their family just gone! Life can take it away from you. It is just scary, scarier than a horror movie. It just gives goosebumps... I felt so mad knowing that someone cried watching the whole of Jedi forces being executed in Star Wars than to cry watching how loved ones being washed away. I imagined, how it will be like being vacuumed away from your family members. Okay, you can say, "Alright, I hate my family, so wat?" or "I'll survive"... Think back, you're strong but who's stronger than you. You hate your family, but who was around more often? The event made me think how short life was. How human beings can become so ignorant at such disaster? A french guy was recording the tidal wave and said, "yeah?" when his son said, "TSUNAMI!"... He showed no sense of urgency at all... At last minute when water came gushing in, then they start to run for their lives. A beachgoer who was alone in the middle of Thai beach was overshadowed with the wall of water, and I wonder if he made it or not... I mean, how stupid can you get seeing that 6.5m high water higher than you and still look at it?!? Stupid behaviour caught on tape. Tsk. While watching it, I felt like it was like the movies, like shrieking & telling the "characters" to "run, run, run" as fast as they could, or "watch out" when the waters struck them. Right, we felt it was easy to overcome it, but if we were there and seeing how many debris washing away in front of your eyes, will you be able to gather up your strength to move quickly? It's scary, the speed of water etc... It's scary than a horror flick... Imagine Singapore being wiped out that way? If a beautiful beach like in Thailand or a peaceful village like in Indonesia can look as if in a battlefield, how about a busy Singapore...? We're always rushing to things... Will we survive? If we forget about humanity, then, that's the end... My fellow Literature readers, remember "The Machine Stops"? How technology control our lives & we forget about human interaction & love and in the end, all died? I'm not preaching, but our busy life snatches us away from the beautiful things around us... Life for every minute, seconds and hours of our lives. If you wanna fuck with anyone, live it once & for all. If you wanna commit suicide, imagine you have to replay it all the way till Judgement Day... For, I've tried for once how it feels like to pop *8 Panadols at 1 go... Treasure every lifetime, pause and think of the heartache you might bring... Every selfless act will result to someone else's doubts... Don't cha think so...? Ponder...
*That's an experiment, don't try it at home.
p.s.: 'Superstar Sucks Vol.1' - a compilation of the daily life accounts of a superstar- is coming your way.