15 April 2006

*Audiophile*

Colour my life with the music you filled me in. Your music is your story of the life you lead. I believe in what I hear, I believe in what the words mean and I believe what is being described.

Okay, folks.

I am truly mesmerized by Missy Higgins' album, The Sound of White. I watched her perform on MTV's Australian Video Music Awards, and she totally got me speechless, almost teary-eyed listening to her 'The Special Two'. The words in the song is just so beautiful. In fact, I was so desperate to listen to her works. Remember the one who sang, 'Scar'? She's the same short-haired songstress! I love her music! Like what Adam described me: I like Alto singers like, Missy Higgins, Joss Stone, etc. Is Monica, Lisa Loeb, Tori Amos & Nina Persson of The Cardigan considered Alto singers as well? Okay, nevermind. Missy Higgins' music is damn nice. I know I'm like so slow to find that her music is nice, I heard 'Scar' & 'Ten Days' before on 987fm & Power 98fm respectively, but didn't really heard the rest of her album... I thought Lucie Silvas, the one who sang 'Breathe in', also from Australia came into the music scene at the same time, so I checked out on Silvas before Higgins. Damn!

Extraction from All for Believing by Missy Higgins:

"I’m all for believing, if you can reveal, the true colours within, And say you will be there for me to hold, when the faith grows old and life turns cold, when the faith grows old, and life turns cold. So if you’re cold I will stay, maybe fate will guide the way. I believe in what I see and baby we were meant to be, Just believe. (we're meant to be) Just believe. (we're meant to be) Just believe. (we're meant to be) Trust in me."

Song written from the heart, man!

Another snippets:

"But I will learn to breathe this ugliness you see, so we can both be there and we can both share the dark. And in our honesty, together we will rise out of our nightminds and into the light at the end of the fight."
- Nightminds.

"And we will only need each other, we'll bleed together. Our hands would not be taught to hold another's. When we were the special two. And we could only see each other, we'd bleed together. These arms will not be taught to need another, 'Cause we were the special two."
- The Special Two.

Of course, the music is so soothing. Nothing too banging like Avril Lavigne's. This is the female version of James Blunt/Daniel Powter/Damien Rice. Awesome works. The modern day Lisa Loeb/Tori Amos/Alanis Morissette. Totally heart-flown. I listened to all the songs (you can find the link right here in skitzoinsomnia.blogspot!) and damn teary-eyed... Awesome!

Lastly, I guess the most heartwarming song of year 2005-06 is John Legend's 'Ordinary People', though I think it's too late to let you know, but this song will always be in everybody's lists... I hope... The artist who needs to be recognised individually, rather than the shadow of Kanye West or Stevie Wonder/Ray Charles wannabe...

"I'm in love with you. But this ain't the honeymoon, pass the infatuation phase
We're right in the thick of love
At times we get sick of love
It seems like we argue every day...

I know I misbehaved
And you made your mistakes
And we both still got room left to grow....
And though love sometimes hurts, I still put you first,
And we'll make this thing work, But I think we should take it slow"

I'm so gonna get these albums soon! Jason Mraz, John Legend, Missy Higgins, Daniel Powter... Sensitive songwriters... Melt your hearts... You feel just what they feel, cos you're going thru what they had went thru...