01 May 2006

*Birth&Love*

How do you feel having the umbilical cord attached to you subconsciously?

Foetus way way way long time ago. That umbilical cord symbolises the connection you have between you and your mother. Imagine having that umbilical cord attached to you unknowingly?

I feel so touched by my Grandmother aka Nyayi's devotion towards all her 10 children. Nyayi, of course, is 83 years old. The same age as our Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew. But comparing between him and his children, does he do the same to them with the umbilical cord? Of course not, he's the father! Think about this. Keeping that umbilical cords of all the 10 children after all these years, ain't that touching? My mom didn't keep mine at all! And having said that, it just got me thinking will I do the same for my kids in future? Or will they think it is gross?

Justify it.

It is all about birth and love. My Nyayi's love for her children and grandchildren and great-grandchildren is just extremely extreme... Despite all the emotional turmoil in my family tree, she still think about all of us. I don't have the time for her, due to school, I wanna try to visit her every weekend. If she had kept my umbilical cord, I'll consider my Nyayi more like a mother to me. It's so weird to see all the umbilical cords, though. I gotta confess, I'm not a big fan of Biology in action! It just makes me puke, I love reading up on Biology, but not physically see each and every gross items. Blood, intestines, umbilical cords, etc...

Faint.

Birth and love. My Nyayi is the most extraordinary person in my life. Nobody else can be compared to her love. Family wise, I put her first on the list. Let me repeat myself, FAMILY WISE, she's first. As for my love life, of course, he's on top priority and who else sees me more than him throughout this amazing emotional ordeal. I salute my Nyayi for her devotion and love for all of us. It made me embarrassed that I didn't care for her as much as she cared for me when I was younger. Time will prove the worthy of my presence as the favourite grandchild. But, for now, I'm gonna make sure her legacy lives on. Her presence on this life is as important as sunrise and sunset every morning and evening respectively.

Justify yourself.

Would you wanna be attached to an umbilical cord consciously or subconsciously?

You have the answer, but only you can determine your own existence.