
They look so pretty! I know, I know! I blogged about macarons before but I just can't help looking at these babies. Macarons are small, round cakes, crisp on the outside, smooth and soft in the middle.
Not to be confused with macaroons, by the way! Or these pastries hailed from Morroco or Spain. These babies came from France!
In the 1830's macarons were served two-by-two with the addition of jams, liquiors, and spices. The macaron known today is the "Gerbert" macaron, born in the 1880's in the Beleville neighbourhood of Paris. The double-decker macaron filled with cream that is popular today was invented by the French pâtisserie Ladurée.
These are so lovely, you just don't wanna eat 'em! Perhaps shops that sell macarons might have discounts for Valentine's Day! Perhaps, for Hari Raya serving macarons are cuter than kuih makmur. HAHAHAHHAA!!!!!!
So, looking for a nice macarons? Check out Obolo's at Katong!