17 April 2010

INDIE FOOD FIND: FISHERMAN'S WHARF

The most anticipated food find ever! Fisherman's Wharf opposite Central, Clarke Quay, baby!
My friends had recommended this awesome fish and chips place for ages when I told them where I could find the best one that is not too oily and suffocating!

I tried Fish and Co's Best Authentic Fish and Chips but I didn't enjoy it because it was too huge and had this funky flavour. I can't figure out the odd taste though.

Back at Fisherman's Wharf, we had the Authentic Fish and Chips with homemade curry mayonnaise sauce and tartar sauce. Alongside the main is calamari rings with coleslaw!



At first sight, it looks ordinary but the moment you sink your fork right in, the colour of the cod fish was amazing! White and firm! I watched how Jamie Oliver cooked his British Fish and Chips, I know he used cod fish for his meal because this fish will not crumble apart.

Ooh, the lemon and the sauces complimented one another with this fish and chips. The calamari came off too salty and the herb sauce was a little too strong for my taste buds. It was such an enjoyable meal. Very homely and exactly what I was looking forward to.

Overall, like my friends said, it is the best! On my next visit, Mediterranean Seabass!

LOVE!